Friday, August 2, 2013

Sturgis:Day 1

The first leg was completed without incident. Traffic was a bit heavier than expected, but the weather cooperated, so it was a decent trade. I wanted to get a picture of my bike at each state line during the trip. I started with Georgia...no problem. However, when I got to Alabama, I was stymied by traffic and no place to pull off. I crossed over in Columbus on Hwy 280 (Liberty Ave). Just no room to stop.

Oh well, I got to visit with my daughter and grand kids for a while. We had fun in the pool with Abbie, the chocolate lab - that dog loves to swim.

Well, tomorrow is another day with farther to go. I meet up with my brothers in Sikeston, MO and see our dad before moving on to Kansas City.

More tomorrow night.

P.S.  I found a stowaway in my luggage. More on that and what I did to it next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment