Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 3: from KC to Sioux City

If I had to use one word to describe today, it would be: fortuitous. I had decided to end yesterday's ride on the north side of KCMO, so we would not have the city traffic to deal with first thing in the morning (not thinking that it was Saturday).

When I woke up this morning and checked the weather, imagine my surprise when I saw a major storm headed our way across Kansas. I was afraid that I would have to wake my brothers, but they were already packing their iron horses for the day. We were able to escape KC before the rain came and outran the storm until we were past Sioux City. Then, the little rain that we had to endure was minimal and short lived. Once past the rain, the sky cleared and we were presented with gorgeous SD scenery and miles of open road.

We chose to end the day in Sioux Falls and start fresh in the morning. We plan to go through the Badlands on the way. I want to see wild bison.

No incidents to mar our trip. Although, Kevin's wife, Sherry, lost her wedding ring today while riding. Seems it just slipped off. Bummer.

More tomorrow.

P.S.  I am taking a passenger along tomorrow. Picture to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment