Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 13: Home at Last

Well, rain finally got me. I woke to more of what I stopped last night for. However, there was no waiting it out, so I put on the rain gear - one more time - and headed out for home.

It rained from Birmingham to Montgomery, then it let up and the clouds started to abate, which allowed me to remove the hot rain gear. (Don't worry, I had more opportunities to wear it).

Crossed over the Florida State line around lunchtime and just kept going. Boy, I seemed to have forgotten just how hot it gets in Florida in August. I started looking for rain clouds.

Just prior to Brooksville, I stopped to top off with gas and put the rain gear back on. There was a severe-looking storm crossing my path just ahead and I was taking no chances. However, lady luck was once more smiling on me. The storm moved away before I got there. Still, I got showered a bit for about sixty miles. No big deal.

Pulled in to the homestead around 6:40 PM with 5,251.8 showing on the trip odometer.

All-in-all it was an excellent trip, with no traffic incidents and no mechanical problems. You can't ask for more than that.

I promised my spouse that this was the last long trip I would be making. From here on out we will either ride together or...and I hate to say it...trailer it. Uggh.

Thanks dear readers for your attention and comments. Hope you enjoyed the vicarious ride.

See the Facebook page for more pictures as I can load them.

Stay safe and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment